Use of Cookies

Monday, February 17, 2014

French & Back > Owl City's "Tidal Wave"

I wish I could cross my arms and cross your mind
Because I think you unfold your paper heart and wear it on your sleeve
All my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
Because all I see is a broken consciousness looking back at me
I wish I had covered all my tracks completely because I'm so scared
Is this the light at the end of the tunnel or just the train?
Raise your arms only heaven knows where the danger grows
And it is safe to say that there is a bright light up ahead and help is on the way
( Help is on the way , help is on the way, help is on the way ... )

Help is on the way
I forgot the last time I felt brave , I just recall insecurity
Because descended like a tidal wave , and sadness invades me

Depression, please cut to the chase and cut a long story short
Oh please do. How long can this drama afford to run ?
Sort looks sharp , severs all my ties and breaks whatever does not bend
Unfortunately , then , all my heavy hopes just pull me down again
( Go down , down , down ... )

I forgot the last time I felt brave , I just recall insecurity
Because down as a tidal wave , and sadness invades me
Then I was given grace and love I was blind but now I see
Because I found a new hope from above, and courage over me

It hurts just to wake up, every time you wear thin
Alone outside , so tired of looking in
The end is uncertain and I 've never been so scared
But I do not need a telescope to see that there is hope
And I feel brave

No comments:

Post a Comment